Dennis Persson update?

Här diskuteras allt om Djurgården Hockey.
Användarvisningsbild
Briere48

Dennis Persson update?

Inlägg av Briere48 »

Hey guys, me again. Just wondering how Persson is doing? I live in Buffalo, NY and try to fallow you're team as closely as possible, i noticed he returned back to the elite league and has played 9 games? Is he playing well?

Also, if you had to compare him to a current NHLer.... who would you compare Persson to?

Thanks!
Användarvisningsbild
Briere48

Inlägg av Briere48 »

also, if anyone has any pictures of Persson, that would be great too!
m0ng00se

Inlägg av m0ng00se »

hey d00d...have ya checked this?

http://difhockey.se/spelarstats.php?id=3234
Användarvisningsbild
Briere48

Inlägg av Briere48 »

yeah thanks.... any insight?
Användarvisningsbild
Briere48

Inlägg av Briere48 »

Hey guys, me again. From Buffalo... i was wondering if you guys could tell me a bit more on Persson? I see he's playing full time for your SEL club. How is he doing? Whats the future for him? Is he still the prospect he was few years ago?

I see he's got one assist in 6 games. He's a kid playing with men. But, what can you guys tell me?

Thanks so much!
Användarvisningsbild
Örebroarn
Medlem: Ja, vanlig medlem

Inlägg av Örebroarn »

I would say that he is playing ok. He often misjudge situations and therefore have to use his stick to take down opponents. He's not really fast and has been invisible in the games except when he hooks a player and get a penalty. Hard to say how he will progress but as of now he is making fewer mistakes and will definitly improve his game within the next couple of years. Cant really compare him to any NHL player
Användarvisningsbild
Enbom

Inlägg av Enbom »

I would say this, Sabres, stay the fuck away from him. In some years he's valuable as hell for us. :)
Therocket1

Inlägg av Therocket1 »

Persson has played really well, considering that he's a last year junior. He has some problems with the speedy tempo in Elitserien and therefor uses his stick in the defense little too much.

He had some chances to play in power-play on the blue line and played their really good. Had some good shots and passes. Persson is usually a good skater but due to the high tempo and missing experience on a high level he often misjudges situations and that affect his skating a little bit.

I would compare him with Andrej Meszaros. Persson has the same playing style, very good offensive abilities, a good hockey-sense and not so good defensive abilities. If all goes well for this kid he can develop into a top-2 or top-3 defenseman in NHL.
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Briere48

Inlägg av Briere48 »

Thank you so much. Great stuff here. I really appreciate you guys going in such depth for me. I'll be looking at stats as much as i can, but it's hard. But good luck to you guys this season!! You guys are awesome.
Användarvisningsbild
blocco

Inlägg av blocco »

Briere48 skrev:Thank you so much. Great stuff here. I really appreciate you guys going in such depth for me. I'll be looking at stats as much as i can, but it's hard. But good luck to you guys this season!! You guys are awesome.
Thank you very much! Good luck to you to :D
You can watch Dennis's stats at eliteprospects:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=4568
TheGreatOne

Inlägg av TheGreatOne »

Therocket1 skrev:Persson has played really well, considering that he's a last year junior. He has some problems with the speedy tempo in Elitserien and therefor uses his stick in the defense little too much.

He had some chances to play in power-play on the blue line and played their really good. Had some good shots and passes. Persson is usually a good skater but due to the high tempo and missing experience on a high level he often misjudges situations and that affect his skating a little bit.

I would compare him with Andrej Meszaros. Persson has the same playing style, very good offensive abilities, a good hockey-sense and not so good defensive abilities. If all goes well for this kid he can develop into a top-2 or top-3 defenseman in NHL.
I just want to add a couple of things to Therocket1 comments about this future top 2 defenseman:
1. Djurgården have injury troubles right now. When Ronnie Pettersson, Ossi Väänänen, Jiri Marusak and Oscar Eklund return, Dennis Persson will be nowhere near making the roster.
2. Despite the injury troubles, that has left Djurgården with just six available defensemen, Dennis Persson has been benched in some games. Linus Kjell, an undrafted junior player with no junior national caps has played on Persson’s position.
Användarvisningsbild
Briere48

Inlägg av Briere48 »

Hey guys. I return once again. Can you guys provide an update on him? And a future glance?
TheGreatOne

Inlägg av TheGreatOne »

Briere48 skrev:Hey guys. I return once again. Can you guys provide an update on him? And a future glance?
He currently play's in Nyköping Hockey, a team in the second league (HockeyAllsvenskan). He has scored 0 goals, 0 assists in 12 games and has -8 (2-10) plus minus-statistics.
Användarvisningsbild
Briere48

Inlägg av Briere48 »

TheGreatOne skrev:
Briere48 skrev:Hey guys. I return once again. Can you guys provide an update on him? And a future glance?
He currently play's in Nyköping Hockey, a team in the second league (HockeyAllsvenskan). He has scored 0 goals, 0 assists in 12 games and has -8 (2-10) plus minus-statistics.
wow.... :shock:
degen

Inlägg av degen »

Briere48 skrev:
TheGreatOne skrev:
wow.... :shock:
¨

I am sorry, Briere but why are you so interested about Persson?

From a real Djurgårdenfan!
Djurgården
Skriv svar