Djurgården in English! [only English in this thread!]

Här diskuteras allt om Djurgården Hockey.
Skriv svar
Användarvisningsbild
Prelude

Djurgården in English! [only English in this thread!]

Inlägg av Prelude »

I am visiting Stockholm early in October to see the Red Wings play at Globe Arena. It would be nice to see a Swedish Elite game also. Any information on when or where, or how to find this myself would be greatly appreciated.
Bild
"He just used me like pony. He was on top of me. I don't like being the pony. I want to be on top." - Datsyuk
Användarvisningsbild
Busmicke

Re: Visiting Sweden

Inlägg av Busmicke »

I dont know if the next season in set yet. So its hard to know if there are any dates working with your visit. But keep your eyes open. Probably the next season will be official soon.
If your looking for games in elite-leauge in Stockholm try to find a Djurgården game. But Södertälje is quite close to Stockholm aswell.
Användarvisningsbild
DIF_Soldier
Medlem: Ja, vanlig medlem

Inlägg av DIF_Soldier »

Also... The atmosphere at Djurgårdens games is way better than Södertäljes.
So pick a DIF-game if you want the real thing.
Säg den glädje som varar
Användarvisningsbild
Prelude

Inlägg av Prelude »

:) Great, thanks so much! It's a little difficult to manage the Djurgarden's website. I'm not very good with the Swedish language yet, although I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

I really hope I'll get to see a DIF game. I've heard they're much better than the American players.
Bild
"He just used me like pony. He was on top of me. I don't like being the pony. I want to be on top." - Datsyuk
Torpedo Novgorod
Säsongskort: Ja

Inlägg av Torpedo Novgorod »

Here´s the 08/09 schedule:
http://difhockey.se/season

You can buy tickets from http://www.ticnet.se/html/home.htmI?&l=EN
Användarvisningsbild
melker

Inlägg av melker »

Torpedo Novgorod skrev:Here´s the 08/09 schedule:
http://difhockey.se/season

You can buy tickets from http://www.ticnet.se/html/home.htmI?&l=EN
That's wrong seeeeeeason,..
The schedule for next season is not official yet.
"Matte Alba har ingen näsa tack vare Håkan Södergren."
Användarvisningsbild
Prelude

Inlägg av Prelude »

True, it's wrong, but I see they start playing in August. That atleast gives me hope that a game may fall on the right days.

I wish I had searched Ticnet sooner, I would have liked to see the Wings play Färjestad BK. Too bad I 'm not there at that time.
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
melker

Inlägg av melker »

Prelude skrev:True, it's wrong, but I see they start playing in August. That atleast gives me hope that a game may fall on the right days.

I wish I had searched Ticnet sooner, I would have liked to see the Wings play Färjestad BK. Too bad I 'm not there at that time.
Last season started earlier than usual because of the early start of Ice Hockey World Championships.
But that Detroit vs. ST. Louis game in October should be OK to view a Djurgården game as well.
"Matte Alba har ingen näsa tack vare Håkan Södergren."
Användarvisningsbild
odburt

Inlägg av odburt »

Prelude skrev::) Great, thanks so much! It's a little difficult to manage the Djurgarden's website. I'm not very good with the Swedish language yet, although I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

I really hope I'll get to see a DIF game. I've heard they're much better than the American players.
That'd be a mistake to consider our players as better than yours. They do show great passion for the game though.

I guess it's like for us watching a NHL game live, different. But instead of the games themselves, you're more likely to get fascinated of the attendants, especially the chanting guys at the curve inside of Hovet.

Personally, I'd love to see a mix of our ice hockey cultures. Skip the pretzels, burgers and sushi bars, the music and the commercial brakes. Add standing attendance and our chant culture and there you go - the most amusing game ever played.
Användarvisningsbild
Prelude

Inlägg av Prelude »

odburt skrev: That'd be a mistake to consider our players as better than yours. They do show great passion for the game though.

I guess it's like for us watching a NHL game live, different. But instead of the games themselves, you're more likely to get fascinated of the attendants, especially the chanting guys at the curve inside of Hovet.

Personally, I'd love to see a mix of our ice hockey cultures. Skip the pretzels, burgers and sushi bars, the music and the commercial brakes. Add standing attendance and our chant culture and there you go - the most amusing game ever played.
The people always do make a difference, but also maybe because of the time during the season.

Went to the round 1 game 1 playoff and it was much different than the regular season game. The fans were much louder and more into the game itself. I hate seeing people with good seats not even watching the game.

Hopefully I will get to see the difference. I don't find myself a fan of many American players, I guess I don't see them as organized and that frustrates me.

I just heard that they were better, and maybe it's the difference in the fans. Seems like the Wings go down fast if their fans don't back them.
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
DIF_Soldier

Inlägg av DIF_Soldier »

If you really want awesome experience, choose a Djurgården home game in the first week of the year. That's the yearly special event when all the fans come together and literaly sings Djurgården to victory.

Here's two videos from the 07/08 special event (wonderful, isn't it? :D);
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU8HU45Jca8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rv4aiFl ... re=related
Säg den glädje som varar
Användarvisningsbild
Prelude

Inlägg av Prelude »

It's amazing really. I love the enthusiasm! The dedication. I would love for the NHL to be like that too. It gave me goosebumps, I could only imagine what it'd be like in person. :)

I wish I could go to that, but I think I'll be coming when it's a little later. Oct 1, or 2, to 6th.
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Prelude

What would you suggest?

Inlägg av Prelude »

If anyone has seen, I am visting Sweden (Stockholm) in October and look forward to making it to a Djurgården game. Aside from that, though, I was curious if anyone would like to put forth any opinions as to what a visiter should do or see. Typically tourists would go to museums and things like that, but then often miss many other things that are more interesting and more meaningful. I'm also wondering what you might typically do, or find normal. What do you think should not be missed by anyone?

I think it's a little strange. I've looked long and hard for anything about Sweden, about their hockey and culture, and am reaching very far by asking any of these questions to all of you. But I suppose I feel you would give me honest and straight forward answers. I could go to a tourist agency, but it just doesn't seem right. That's not what I'm looking for. I can't speak Swedish, I can hardly read it (although I'm trying), I just hope most or all of you can understand me. I don't know if those translators are accurate enough to convey what I'm really saying.

Thank you
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
ludde-
Säsongskort: Ja

Re: What would you suggest?

Inlägg av ludde- »

Prelude skrev:If anyone has seen, I am visting Sweden (Stockholm) in October and look forward to making it to a Djurgården game. Aside from that, though, I was curious if anyone would like to put forth any opinions as to what a visiter should do or see. Typically tourists would go to museums and things like that, but then often miss many other things that are more interesting and more meaningful. I'm also wondering what you might typically do, or find normal. What do you think should not be missed by anyone?

I think it's a little strange. I've looked long and hard for anything about Sweden, about their hockey and culture, and am reaching very far by asking any of these questions to all of you. But I suppose I feel you would give me honest and straight forward answers. I could go to a tourist agency, but it just doesn't seem right. That's not what I'm looking for. I can't speak Swedish, I can hardly read it (although I'm trying), I just hope most or all of you can understand me. I don't know if those translators are accurate enough to convey what I'm really saying.

Thank you
Most people in Stockholm speak english without any problems, so you should be fine without knowing swedish.

I don't really know what I can recommend you to do though, depends on what you like and what type of person you are.

There are good restaurants, good pubs, etc etc.

You should visit Gamla Stan (Old Town) though, many old buildings and so on.
Alltid oavsett - förevigt Djurgården.
Användarvisningsbild
Prelude

Re: What would you suggest?

Inlägg av Prelude »

I had heard about Gamla Stan and planned on visiting. I do like the old style buildings and culture. In the US they have a tendency to tear down anything that means something to you.

Lets see. My boyfriend and I are both 22, but more often than not have been descibed as old fashioned and not typical. Don't really enjoy parties or that club hopping lifestyle. Obviously love hockey, although he likes other sports as well.

The Drottinham castle seemed interesting.
Would love to see the northern lights but I'm not sure if we'll want to drive that far north.
We were looking for some good book stores. A couple people had mentioned Swedish novels that were rather popular, thought it might be cool to pick up a couple that were written in Swedish and not just translated over.
Were into comics for a while but with the economy having gone down we hadn't been back for a long time but thought it may be interesting to see what Sweden had in comparison.
A big one is a sports card store. I have been looking for Swedish hockey cards for quite a long time and find it nearly impossible to get anything. It's a little difficult to search for businesses, I don't know why, but not many sports places come up. Except for the sports equipment stores. I like to find things from where the players were. Granted they are in the NHL but I like finding the Swedish cards, Russian, Slovakian.

Figured on going to regular stores. Markets, malls. But of course I would have to find them first.

It's enough with one thread! :) // MOD
(Sorry, didn't know where to put it, and thanks :wink: )
Bild
Skriv svar